Old October 29th 03, 02:56 PM
Rosie

In message , Li'l Roberto
writes
"Graham Appleton" wrote in message
. com...

Drive doesn't recognise blank CDR - Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-R2002
Detail: Recently done a fresh format and re-install of Windows XP Pro
+ SP1 and now I can not burn a CD as the drive does not recognise that
a blank CDR has been inserted. I have tried 5 CDs from the same pack,
and none work on this computer although they are recognised fine on my
friend's computer, also I used 100 of these disks before on this drive
without any problems. I have tried flashing the firmware on my
Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-R2002 combo drive. My drive has the 1F26 firmware
and have tried flashing it with the original firmware (RPC2) available
at http://forum.rpc1.org .
Thanks
Graham

If you haven't already, try these:

If your system board has a VIA chipset, install the 4 in one drivers
Make sure DMA is activated on both IDE Controllers
You mention playing with services , did you disable the in house CD
burning service [IMAPI CD burning COM service] in the services applet ?.

Li'l Roberto

Did Graham Appleton manage to fix this, as I am having exactly the same
problem with an LGDVD8160B? It will read CDR/CD-RW but not see any DVD,
this after I re-installed XPHome + SP1.
I did find something on the MS site
http://support.microsoft.com/default...&Product=winxp
which talks about udfs.sys. It seems I might have the 32 bit version but
not the 16bit which I need to read DVDs. However, the only way to get
the file is by applying to MS! Does anyone know where I can find this
file, or can someone send it to me please? The above link describes the
problem and what version I might need.
Many thanks.
--
gillie