Old October 27th 03, 05:36 AM
Li'l Roberto

"Graham Appleton" wrote in message
om...

Drive doesn't recognise blank CDR - Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-R2002
Detail: Recently done a fresh format and re-install of Windows XP Pro
+ SP1 and now I can not burn a CD as the drive does not recognise that
a blank CDR has been inserted. I have tried 5 CDs from the same pack,
and none work on this computer although they are recognised fine on my
friend's computer, also I used 100 of these disks before on this drive
without any problems. I have tried flashing the firmware on my
Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-R2002 combo drive. My drive has the 1F26 firmware
and have tried flashing it with the original firmware (RPC2) available
at http://forum.rpc1.org .
Thanks
Graham

If you haven't already, try these:

If your system board has a VIA chipset, install the 4 in one drivers
Make sure DMA is activated on both IDE Controllers
You mention playing with services , did you disable the in house CD
burning service [IMAPI CD burning COM service] in the services applet ?.

Li'l Roberto