Old February 15th 05, 12:03 AM
KatManDEW

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 21:53:46 -0000, "IanO"
wrote:

"KatManDEW" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 00:39:36 +0000, Ian
wrote:

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 00:30:11 +0000, Ian
wrote:

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 19:08:51 -0500, KatManDEW
wrote:

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 21:55:54 -0000, "IanO"
wrote:

"KatManDEW" wrote in message
m...
Thanks again. Now I'm thinking that I should get one with a card
reader, which is one of my main uses. But I haven't found any
internal, combination card readers with USB ports, which comes with
an interface, and I think there is something squirely with the front
USB header on this 8KNXP motherboard.

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 02:23:51 -0000, "IanO"

wrote:

How about this device -

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...=c2hvd19wcm9kd

WN0X
292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=32624

The card reader units will only have one USB socket on them as the

rest of
the bandwidth is used for the card reading. XP is clever enough to
recognise the readers as devices, via the USB header. It's neat! You

have
two headers on the Gigabyte board, so you can probably leave the case

ports
connected anyway, unless one of them already feeds a bracket on the

back
panel....

I could live with one USB port on the card reader. The only problem is
that there's something wrong with USB connected to the front header on
my Gigabyte 8KNXP..... In addition to the Lexar Jump Drive not working
if it's connected to one of the front ports, I just tried a 2.0 hub
connected to a front port and it also came up as a unrecognized
device. Just tried my camera in the front with the same results. I've
been using that camera connected to one of the rear ports since I got
this PC, with no problems, I have a R/C airplane simulator which works
fine connected to a front port. Very perplexing and frustrating.....

Perhaps we ought to revisit the wiring. How does the case present the
connectors? Single pins, pairs, or a block?

Further to that, I suspect that some devices are not fussed about the
shield, or which way round dx and dy are connected, but other devices
are fussy. I think it's something like that which is your problem, so
maybe, as I say, it's a re-check and re-think of the connections to
the board.

I checked the connections and they are connected like the standard
Intel layout listed here;
http://store.yahoo.com/directron/installusb.html
This is the way my motherboard users manualy also shows them
connected. There is a second header for two more ports that are
connected to the bottom rear of my PC, which I did not even realize
were there. These two ports work fine with the Lexar Jumpdrive and
whatever else I connect to them.

Am stuck then! Did you look at the post above from Adrian Stuart? Might be
relevant. Sorry, but I'm out of ideas for now!

I just now saw the post from Adrian, I checked all my documentation
and couldn't find any addendums. I sent a message to Antec and
Gigabyte support.

I wonder if it would hurt to try swapping the D+ and D- polarity?

Many many thanks for all the generous assistance!

Don