Old October 13th 03, 02:41 AM
J.Clarke

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 23:11:02 GMT
kony wrote:

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 14:31:08 +0000, "J.Clarke"
wrote:

And I apologize if I seemed to be attacking you, that was not my
intent--I was attacking the fellow who did not seem to understand
that his claims (such as that the processors are _designed_ to run at
lower voltage than specified and that undervolting will result in a
useful increase in the service life of a system) were sufficiently
outrageous to merit a request for justification.

Hang around USENET long enough and you'll probably end up treating
people who won't support their claims the same way that I do.

Your attitude is exactly why you received supportive evidence. People
who are willing to learn are worth the time, but those who aren't,
aren't. You'll remain ignorant because you have a fixed idea in your
mind that's not based on fact, but argue as if it were.

And that "fixed idea" (other than that you are a twit) is what?

I very seldom
call someone an idiot, but it applies here, because you've never even
bothered to TEST your theories.

What theories are those?

That is a basic requirement for any
kind of scientific method, instead of voodo superstition.

Coming from someone who has not posted one single verifiable fact to
support his argument that's a real hoot.

If you don't know how to do this extensive testing yourself, and your
system isn't CERTIFIED to be suitable for these critical uses you seem
to need, then you are not eliminating risk by running at spec'd
voltage. Instead you are assuming it, instead of proving it to any
extent at all... not necessarily to me, but even to yourself.

So how does one "CERTIFY" such a system? And how do you know that your
"extensive testing" has in fact confirmed correct operation? And you
have no idea what I am assuming. The fact that I want you to answer
certain questions does not mean that I do not know the correct answers,
it means that I want to know _your_ answers.

You don't seem to be able to understand that I am not trying to sell a
particular viewpoint, I'm trying to find out if you know what you're
talking about, and it's becoming increasingly clear that you do not.

--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)