Old June 29th 03, 07:03 PM
Shepİ

On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 17:20:21 +0100, In this world we created
aep@nospam writeme.com wrote :

On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 18:05:57 +0200, "Jef"
wrote:

Also I would like to know, even though I expect the answer to be "Yes" (I
just like to be sure before spending my money) whether I could freely choose
which controller to use with for example Prisoner of War. Or does one
specific type of game (e.g. FPS or trainsim) require it's own type of
controller (I am not mentioning steering wheels or very specialized
equipment for flight sim or so, I know they exist but do not intend to buy
one of them, the choice is merely between joystick or gamepad).

It totally depends on the gametype. An FPS should be played with
keyboard and mouse, as should a properly coded third person shooter
(like GTA3). I personaly use a gamepad for arcade style driving games
and Madden 2003 (American Football game). I use a joystick for flight
sims.

I have no idea what controls POW uses as Codemasters haven't released
a demo for it, which usualy indicates its rather iffy so I don't by
it. If they have implemented mouse control, I would imagine keyboard
and mouse would be best.

Andrew.

Same here and I like and use Logitech gear.Never had a real problem
with their stuff except a crappy install Cd for one joystick.Soon
sorted with free updated downloadable drivers.
Joypad for arcade games.
Joystick for flight sims.
And of course the,"Mouse/Keyboard" for serious online games ;-)

--
Free Windows/PC help,
Free songs download,