Old September 4th 13, 05:47 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Paul

Default Western Digital RMA?

Davej wrote:
Had three WD drives die in the past year and finally noticed that
two of them were still under the factory warranty, so now what are
they going to send me? New drives? Refurbished drives? I've never
had a HD die under warranty before.

"WD's replacement Product under its limited warranty will be
manufactured from new and serviceable used parts. --- getting a refurb...

WD's warranty applies to repaired or replaced Products for
the balance of the applicable period of the original warranty
or ninety days from the date of shipment of a repaired or
replaced Product, whichever is longer."

*******

I'm guessing hell would freeze over, before you'd be
getting a new one :-)

Paul