Old November 10th 03, 10:04 AM
ElJerid

"stacey" wrote in message
ElJerid wrote:

"Just Wondering" wrote in message
. rogers.com...
I just installed a Asus P4P800 running DDR333 and P4 2.4 FSB cpu

A game I play, Wolfenstien ET, hangs when it starts, this is the only

one
that seems the do it,

The picture freezes, then you heard a sound in the speakers. Any

thoughts
or directions one could think of?

The combination of the P4P800 with DDR333 is not ideal, because the

P4P800
typically woks at 400 MHz for the FSB. If this is your setting, it's
normal that under intensive work (games), your memory has problems and
your PC freezes or crashes.

Is this true even if they are running a 2.4 533 processor? They didn't say
which 2.4 they are running and if it is a 533 FSB chip there is no option
for ram faster than 333!
--

Stacey

You're right, Stacey, I made one assumption too much. Just because I
consider it as a logic step to purchase a P4 2.4 with 800 MHz FSB when you
acquired an Asus P4P800!