Old September 17th 07, 08:44 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Ian Bethell

Default Quadro Cards...?

Ok, but i'm still a bit confused... I thought being "Quadro" as in Quad=4...
it had FOUR outputs?

and that the FX1500 has HD output, that would be classed as one of these
four?

So confused... guess the only way to see HOW they work is to go buy one and
try it.

"Benjamin Gawert" wrote in message
* Benjamin Gawert:

Will the Nvidia Quadro cards (eg FX1500) allow me to have an extended
desktop on two DVI monitors AND provide a HD component video output at
the same time? Preferably in an "overlay style" mode.

No, simply because Quadro cards are based on the same GPUs like Geforce
cards and so the same limitations apply. Besides that Quadro FX cards
don't have any TV ouptput but a Stereo output for 3D shutter glasses at
the position where the TV output connector is located on Geforce cards.

Surprise! Nvidia now announced the Quadro FX 1700 (based on the Geforce
8600) which has an analog HD component output additionally to two DualLink
DVI outputs.

Maybe that's something for you.

Benjamin