Old February 11th 21, 12:59 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Adrian Caspersz

Default HDMI vs USB

On 09/02/2021 15:46, wrote:
For a variety of reasons, the Smart TV features on my 43 inch LG
are a royal PITA - I've been using my laptop and connecting to the
TV with a Display Port=HDMI cable. The TV also has USB sockets -
is there any significant difference in quality between HDMI and USB
cables when used for this ? I'm considering buying a longer
cable HDMI=HDMI for my wife to use with her new laptop.
I did try a google search but got lost-in-the-weeds.
Thanks John T.

You can't show laptop video using the USB port of your TV.
It's not made that way.

A long HDMI cable will work, until repeated plugging or static kills one
of the connectors.

If the LG's Smart features are so bad{*}, why not invest $100 in a small
networked PC, and leave it plugged in? There are some very small
offerings that can easily hang out the back.

{*} - Out of interest, what are they?

--
Adrian C