Old March 7th 04, 01:27 AM
Egil Solberg

Rob wrote:

I have an M810D Socket A motherboard. I have the manual, but I don't
see an option for changing the system bus speed. I've conducted
further research and see that 1.75 volts is nominal for a Duron 1300.
My system seems to be overheating at higher voltages (it reached over
120 F), so now I'd like to set the processor's jumpers to a lower
value instead of a higher one. "Pro 2000+" is written on the fan that
goes over the processor, but when I removed the fan to look at the
processor underneath, it was a Duron 1300.

I thought you said that "Pro 2000+" was shown at BIOS startup screen?
Pro2000+ is probably only some specification for your heatsink/fan
combo, then.

I'm not sure what the
jumpers on the Duron processor do, but I'm guessing one can help me
manually lower the voltage so that my system doesn't overheat? If all
else fails, I suppose I could buy a more powerful heat sink / cooling
fan.

Be sure that you use a thermal interface material and use it properly.
If the HSF had a thermal pad, you should not use paste at the same time.
Remove pad and reapply paste in a very thin layer, and only on hte CPU
core itself.

I see you have a PCchips mobo, oh no. What does it read out for CPU
speed when you boot the computer?