Old March 6th 04, 10:52 AM
Egil Solberg

Rob wrote:
I'd like to pump up the core voltage on an unstable CPU I have (it
sometimes crashes while trying to load Windows XP and I'm having
difficulties unzipping large files. When I check the System using
Control Panel, the computer reports having an AMD Duron Processor
that runs at 1.3 GHz. In BIOS, the PnP settings inform me that the
machine's processor is "Pro 2000+" and that the machine's core
voltage is 1.808. I'd like to raise the core voltage to 2.0 to see if
that improves my system's stability. However, I've never overclocked
a machine and I'm not sure what I have to do to the processor in
order to raise the voltage manually. I can't get it higher than
1.808 in BIOS. Does anyone here know of a website that could assist
me in my overclocking efforts?

Your CPU should definitively show up as a Duron 1300, so you might have
a problem with that, not the voltage. 1,8V should be perfectly enough
for this chip, as you're overvolting it already.
Which mobo?
Set system bus to 100MHz and see. You might have to change a jumper on
your board. The manual can be found online.