Old November 15th 06, 06:20 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Bob M

Default Question about cmos battery and symptoms

janger wrote:

Hey all.

My computer started acting up a few days ago and it's driving me crazy
trying to work out the problem.

So for now I just want to ask: Can a bad or flat cmos battery cause
things such as hard disk crash, IDE problems, and maybe even dvd
burner firmware corruption?

Give us some more information about your system. I recently had 2
different Asrock 939 Dual Sata II boards cause the same problems you are
having. The boards would work fine for a month or so and then the system
would show the problems you are having. I replaced the board with an
Epox. My system has been stable since I did it 3 months ago.

Bob