Old March 29th 04, 08:05 PM
Oliver Mueller

Default Inexpensive graphics card for servers and cluster nodes

Hi!

I am searching for a real inexpensive graphics card for servers and cluster
nodes. A very low featured one would fit.

I will use this card in servers under Windows 2000/2003, Linux, FreeBSD and
OpenBSD. The card hasn't to be powerful because it will be used in emergency
only.

For the Unix like systems a pure text card would be appropriate, but I don't
think that those cards still out there. ;-)) For systems under Linux and BSD
the card would only be used for BIOS setup and for error diagnosis otherwise
a serial terminal or console server is connected.

The lowest price for a graphics card which I have found until now is about $
30,00 and this card is still oversized for my purpose.

Does anyone know a manufacturer who sells a low-featured card for a real
inexpensive price?

Many thanks in advance for any hint. :-)

Regards,
Oliver