Old April 2nd 04, 01:04 PM
John McGaw

"Hupjack" hupjack_nospamtoday_yahoo.com wrote in message
For those of you that have already read my plight, I'll keep this short.
I mistakenly got an A7V8X-X instead of the A7N8X-X, so I'm just going to
build another computer around the Via board, sell it, and get myself the
nForce board that I wanted.

snip...
Frankly, I'd rather convince my friend with a G4 Powermac, DVD-R, and
digital camera to let me use his hardware to transfer my VHS to DVD, but

he
hasn't had any free time, and I think he isn't planning on making any.
Maybe that will work out, or I'll find a friend with an all-in-wonder, use
his for my little job, and then I can buy a video card without this

annoying
video capture constraint.. Assuming my other schemes fail and I need to

do
the video capture myself though, what graphics cards should I look at?

Thanks,
-Ethan
--
To e-mail me, replace "_nospamtoday_" with the "@" symbol when replying to
my address.

I bought an Asus Radeon 9600XT for my most recent box. The video is
excellent, it has DVI, dual monitor support, and video capture. Best of all
it isn't very expensive.
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]