Old June 1st 14, 01:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.windows-xp,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Ken Springer

Default keep XP updated until 2019

On 6/1/14 3:27 AM, wrote:
On Sun, 01 Jun 2014 01:22:16 -0400, XP Guy "XP"@Guy. com wrote:

wrote:

I hope that also updates Security Essentials. I'm sick of that
thing nagging me that XP is expired.

Apparently, Microsoft dropped support for POS Ready 2009 with version 2
of Security Essentials. MSE is only supported on XP 32-bit, and
vista/w7 32 and 64-bit. It is not supported on any other platforms.

That's too bad. Security Essentials (SE) seemed to be one of the best
AV programs available, at least of the free ones. I suppose I may as
well just uninstall it then. I guess I'll have to buy Kaspersky then.
I'm not impressed with any of the free ones. In fact AVG claims to run
on Windows 2000 SP4. That's what I have on one computer, yet it wont
install. I guess when it comes to something as important as AV
software, one cant be cheap. However I wont touch anything made by
Symantec. I always figured that MS would make the best AV, since they
know the OS best.

Have you tried Avast at all? Been using it for years, since I gave up
on Norton. Not a problem anywhere.

--
Ken
Mac OS X 10.8.5