Old June 1st 14, 06:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.windows-xp,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

Default keep XP updated until 2019

On Sun, 1 Jun 2014 04:54:17 +0100, "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
wrote:

There isn't anything to download: if you read what he said, there are
only four registry keys to be created/altered, but if you don't want to
do that, he made it as a .reg file: you copy the bits _of his post_
between the === lines into NotePad, then save the result as a .reg file,
then run it. (On your head be it though!) [Use his original post - or,
if you take the text from this one, remove all the ""s.]
[]
--
J. P. Gilliver. UMRA: 1960/1985 MB++G()AL-IS-Ch++(p)Ar@T+H+Sh0!:`)DNAf

Ok, I now understand. It's using the already installed copy of XP. Just
modified to get the updates. I hope that also updates Security
Essentials. I'm sick of that thing nagging me that XP is expired.