Old August 26th 04, 01:11 PM
The Chief

Need For Speed wrote:

Hi all! I hope this is not a FAQ but I've downloaded three times the
image of the CD for new WinXP64 before asking here. My problem is that
the CD burned from this image is non-bootable and if i try run setup
in WinXP 32 i get an error box telling:

"Welcome to Windows XP has encountered a problem and needs to close.
We are sorry for the inconvenience."

A strange fact is that the name of image file is
w2k3sp1_1218_usa_x64fre_pro.iso and for a couple of days before i was
able download it first time, download page was offline.
Have i downloaded the wrong image?

Thanks in advance for your help

Thanks anyway for your help folks. I downloaded it once again but still
have same problem (this time I haven't wasted another CDR but program i
use for burning MagicISO tells me the image is not bootable).
This afternoon, on my way home I'll pass at a mall buy a CDRW so I'll
give last chance to WinXP 64.

Looking at the MagicISO tutorial, it looks like that's what is causing
your problem. The program is not telling you the XP64 .ISO is "not
bootable," it's making the CD "NON BOOTABLE!"

Get a different program, like Nero Burning ROM!