Old August 26th 04, 01:05 PM
The Chief

Need For Speed wrote:

Hi all! I hope this is not a FAQ but I've downloaded three times the
image of the CD for new WinXP64 before asking here. My problem is that
the CD burned from this image is non-bootable and if i try run setup
in WinXP 32 i get an error box telling:

"Welcome to Windows XP has encountered a problem and needs to close.
We are sorry for the inconvenience."

A strange fact is that the name of image file is
w2k3sp1_1218_usa_x64fre_pro.iso and for a couple of days before i was
able download it first time, download page was offline.
Have i downloaded the wrong image?

Thanks in advance for your help

Thanks anyway for your help folks. I downloaded it once again but still
have same problem (this time I haven't wasted another CDR but program i
use for burning MagicISO tells me the image is not bootable).
This afternoon, on my way home I'll pass at a mall buy a CDRW so I'll
give last chance to WinXP 64.

It really sounds like you're not burning the .ISO to CD properly because
the image from Microsoft is definitely bootable!