Old August 22nd 04, 10:24 AM
Kayf

I have an old version 1 K8V Deluxe and I have found that the Promise
controller gives far better performance than the integrated VIA offering.
The boot time is about 10 seconds slower but I can put up with this to get
the extra speed in use.

--
Cheers,

Kayf

**e-mail does not work - please respond to group**

"ZigZag Master" wrote in message
I have an Ausu K8V SE Deluxe.

I currently have 2 PATA drives....200GB Maxtor and 250GB WD installed in

the
system already..

I just bought 2 SATA Maxtor 250GB drives.

I would like to stripe these 2 drives. The Asus board has 2 sets of 2

SATA
ports. Which ones should I use for the new drives ? Does one of the
controllers offer better performance?

Thanks