Old August 13th 04, 10:15 PM
Gilles Vollant

Default I search a good dual opteron motherboard for high end SMP workstation

I love both AMD 64 and dual processor (SMP)

I'm software developper, and having a SMP computer to test multithread
developement is useful. And my main computeur has a near 5 year old Asus
P2B-DS... (with two Pentium 3 - 1GHz)

I plan made a Dual opteron system (with 2 opteron 240 or 242), but not a
very expensive system if possible.

I want a motherboard just like Asus K8V SE Deluxe for feature, (by example)
: Raid, firewire, gigabyte ethernet, more than 2 sata connector, no video on
motherbord (but AGP connector), PCI slot (no need PCI Express), more than 4
USB2 connector, cool & quiet. The only thing is I need two 940 socket for
the two opteron.

What is the better choice?

Thank you for all idea ! :-)