Old July 3rd 04, 01:46 AM
Jason Cothran

"Rob" wrote in message
| I am in awe, you guys (and gals) seem to know way more about processors
and
| motherboards than I could probably learn in a lifetime. I have been
reading
| some of the other threads and there are so many things flying over my head
| now I am totally baffled! Anyway, I am in need of a new laptop before the
| end of August and I definitely want to go 64 bit and am considering the
new
| eMachines M6811
| (http://www.emachines.com/products/pr...Machines_M6811)
which
| was just released for this current quarter. It looks like a great deal
but
| what pitfalls should I watch out for?
|
| The site says it is a Mobile AMD AthlonT 64 3400+ Processor. Should I be
| concerned about what kind of motherboard it is on and such? The memory is
| 512 MB DDR SODIMM (PC 2700)...I understand the 512 MB but what about the
| rest of it?
|
| Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I own a m6809. It is identical to the m6811 except it is a 2.0 GHz 3200+
instead of the 3400+. No other lappie even comes close to the performance
for the price. The closest you will find is the HP/Compaq machines for just
a little bit more, but they have a far inferior GPU. If you won't be needed
the 3d card, you may also want to look into those.