Old July 3rd 04, 12:12 AM
Rob

Default Considering the eMachines M6811...suggestions

I am in awe, you guys (and gals) seem to know way more about processors and
motherboards than I could probably learn in a lifetime. I have been reading
some of the other threads and there are so many things flying over my head
now I am totally baffled! Anyway, I am in need of a new laptop before the
end of August and I definitely want to go 64 bit and am considering the new
eMachines M6811
(http://www.emachines.com/products/pr...Machines_M6811) which
was just released for this current quarter. It looks like a great deal but
what pitfalls should I watch out for?

The site says it is a Mobile AMD Athlon™ 64 3400+ Processor. Should I be
concerned about what kind of motherboard it is on and such? The memory is
512 MB DDR SODIMM (PC 2700)...I understand the 512 MB but what about the
rest of it?