Old June 10th 04, 09:07 PM
Only NoSpammers

"Early 2 Riz" wrote in message

"Don McCarter" wrote in message
If anyone is interested in a 64bit OS this one works for me.

I installed Fedora Core2 on my AMD64 machine, with a little tweaking.
The FC2 programs harddrive format messed up the
drive so I had to reformat and reinstall WinXP64.
I then booted to a Fedora Core1 disk and ran the install
until the HD was formatted.
I stopped the process, rebooted with Fedora Core2
and did a "Linux nousbstorage" install.
When I got to the format step I selected manual and
edited the "/boot" and "/" areas.
The rest of the install ran smoothly.
I now have a 64bit system running mostly x86_64 programs.

I am using the AMD64 3200 CPU, with a MSI K8T NEO-FIS2R MB
and an ATI 9600 pro video card.

Everything works except my Winfast TV system.
I had previously tried Gentoo 2004.1, Mandrake AMD64 rc1
and Suse 9.0. for AMD64.
Suse ran OK but most of the programs appeared to be 32bit.
Gentoo worked OK for a short while then I would get
a corrupt file system error.
Mandrake likewise ran ok for several bootups then it gave
a "kernel panic" error.

If your Winfast TV doesn't work, then you can say the whole system doesn't
work. You can't disregard a piece of equipment just because the OS

doesn't
like it. My advice, stick to an OS where all of your equipment works.

The OP's concern on the Winfast TV could be caused by the setting and/or
unavailable hardware driver. For the later case, the OP is stuck until there
is a Linux driver for such a TV card, not the whole system doesn't work. To
some extend, some people will not use the Winfast TV card, yet the system
runs fine and smooth without any DOB. You may not like Linux OS; however, an
advice like that, just because the hardware does not work on the OS without
knowing the cause, will get you nowhere even on a Windows OS.

--
Mazi