Old June 2nd 04, 03:51 AM
Arnfinn Haraldsen

http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=109569&cid=9302350

http://www.anandtech.com/cpu/showdoc.html?i=1884&p=17

and Intel is pushing its expenses over to the motherboard manufactorers

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=16260

A64 is 2.5 times faster then AXP since it on-CPU memory controller (memory
latency). More consistent FPS and fresher windows.

http://www.anandtech.com/cpu/showdoc.html?i=1884&p=10

"rickman" wrote in message
I have been looking at the Athlon 64 and it seems like a very good, fast
chip. But all the comments seem to be about 32 bit software. How does
this thing stack up when running 64 bit apps. Oh yeah, what 64 bit apps
are there?

--

Rick "rickman" Collins

removed.

Specializing in DSP and FPGA design URL
http://www.arius.com
4 King Ave 301-682-7772 Voice
Frederick, MD 21701-3110 301-682-7666 FAX