Old June 2nd 04, 12:59 AM
john

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 12:29:34 -0400, rickman
wrote:

I have been looking at the Athlon 64 and it seems like a very good, fast
chip. But all the comments seem to be about 32 bit software. How does
this thing stack up when running 64 bit apps. Oh yeah, what 64 bit apps
are there?

It's faster than the competition. (What competition ? )

There's a beta of windows64, ATI has released some drivers for their
video cards, and there are some games supposedly on the way, and then
there's suse 64bit linux.

but the bottom line is it runs 32bit apps better than an athlon.

It's moved the athlon from a 2/3 of intel technology to a better than
intel technology, and it does it with less SILLY, BOGUS, MARKETING
BULL**** RPM's and less heat.

oh yeah, I guess I should mention: DIE Rambus, and all involved with
that project