Old April 24th 04, 03:11 AM
Dick McCurdy

Tim M. wrote:

Doing a slow build and need some advice....finally down to the last two
pieces of puzzle. Already decided on the A64 3200+
, now I need some memory. I want to install 1GB, 2 512's preferrably.
I'll go with either PC3200,3500, or 4000, doesn't
really concern me since I'm not a avid overclocker. Which brand memory do
you guys recommend, some model numbers
would be helpful, I kinda have my heart set on Mushkin, but will consider
others for more compatibility. Thanks in advance.
Oh, btw, I have the ASUS K8V SE Deluxe.

Tim

I have the AMD64-3000 and my memory was ordered from Infineon but it failled
to work right. I finall found by trial and error that Crucial DDR400
worked well and ran MEMTEST86 for 24 hours. Some brands work, some have to
have big delays for CAS to data and some just downright do not work. Read
up on the AMD64 boards and memory on tomshardware.com.
--
Dick McCurdy
dickmcATbellsouthDOTnet