Old March 23rd 04, 10:25 PM
Thomas A. Horsley

Default Argument passing rules?

I have been reading the amd64 ABI document from the amd64.org web site, and
it contains a supposedly english description of the rules for determining
how to pass arguments to functions, but in fact rather than an algorithm or
coherent description of some kind, it is actually a sequence of random
english words that have been concatenated :-).

Does anyone have a better description of argument passing rules somewhere?

For instance, where in the gcc source code might I find the machine
dependent bits that decide how to pass arguments?
--
== The *Best* political site URL:http://www.vote-smart.org/ ==+

email: icbm: Delray Beach, FL |
URL:http://home.att.net/~Tom.Horsley Free Software and Politics ==+