Old December 12th 03, 11:24 AM
Bill B

to start with the yellow light means that the drive is bad

you will need a smart start CD to set up the system. once thats done then the
rest is easy (just like a regular pc)

bill

Mister Do wrote:

Hi everyone!

I had a deal and I bought a proliant 2500, 2 ppro 200mhz with 480 ram, 2
hot-plug 9.1 HD. My problem is simple to explain, I am very confortable
with usual PC, installing NT, formating, partitionning and all that, but
with IDE hard drive in desktop machine. It's the first time I'm in front of
a real server and no OS seems to be on it. I've searched Compaq site and
tried a few things to set-up the harddrives but it seems like it only sees
one HD.

What I want to know is, what should I install so that the SCSI card figure
out that I have 2 HD in it. I am not dumb, but I just have no resource
around to help me start this nice babe..

technical stuff:
At boot I can read that it's an E24 bios
I also have
Slot 6 Compaq Smart-2DH array controller (rev C, v4.06) 1 logical drive
1784-Slot 6 Drive Array Drive Failure
the following SCSI drive(s) should be replaced
SCSI port 1 : SCSI IDs 1,2,3,4

Scanning for SCSI devices
No SCSI devices detected.

it offers me to continue (F1) or to start the system partitionning with F10.
Needless to say that The system partitionning isn't startable and I have no
idea where to find that.

When I look at the hard drives, I have a 9.1 gig in slot 0 with the green
light on beside a cylinder icon
and in slot 1 I have another 9.1 gig with an orange light on beside a
crossed-cylinder icon

Any suggestion ?

- Mister Do