Old August 16th 03, 12:23 AM
David

You need the Array Configuration Utility (HP download under Proliant
servers) and the Array driver , CPQArray.SYS (download on same page ,
choose all software and search) , configurable when the NOS is
installed .

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 22:19:21 +0100, "David Bartram"
wrote:

How can I install a Compaq smart array controller 3200 on a non-Compaq
machine?

I recently acquired (was exchanged for an old computer) a Compaq smart array
controller and some drives. All the installation instructions for it refer
to using the
Compaq smartstart utility. However this won't work on a non-Compaq machine,
and when I power on the PC I get an error msg saying that the array is not
configured.

What can I do to get it working as the boot array for a W2000 installation?

Thanks.