Old July 29th 03, 09:11 PM
HH

Default compaq presario x4000nx modem disconnect after inactivity?

Only AOL. They do have a "call alert" wich tells you someone is calling.
HH

"William Kossack" wrote in message
I setup my mother on aol 8 last week.

She wanted to learn how to use a computer and do email so after
purchasing a compaq presario x4000nx computer I set her up on aol 8.

The only concern is that she might forget to logoff and walk away from
her computer. She has only one phone line and this would cause her to
not get any phone calls.

I thought aol had some way of dropping the dialup connection after a
certain number of minutes of inactivity but I could
not find how to do this on AOL 8 or XP.

I also could not break into bios to see if there was a way to configure
the bios to help her.

Can anyone help?