Old July 28th 03, 07:02 AM
the yeti

I've got a 5000 that would freeze at random Intervals all the time.
AMD 750 Duron. There is no case fan in this computer stock. I added
an exhaust fan in the back and it stopped overheating and stopped
freezing. $10 easy fix.

Actually my 5000 is pretty sweet now. It is running Windows 2000
Server, has 640 MB Pc133 RAM, a 10 gig boot Hard drive bolted where
the CD-RW used to be, a 120 gig drive in the HD cage. In front of the
HD cage is a fan blowing heat off the HD (the Bezel is removed). The
side panel has a hole cut in it and an Intake fan has been added also.
Current uptime, about 2 months. Next upgrade, Power Supply, or that
Nivida Vantra, that sill overheats and causes artifacts on warm days.

Darn thing sounds like a jet too.