Old July 17th 03, 08:58 AM
Jon Pumfleet

Good tip - they're cheap, I'll see if I can get one today. I'm not
sure the compaq bios has an option to allow me to disable the on-board
controller though.

I tried a CMOS reset last night, and sure enough I got my hard drive
back, but have lost the CD-ROM (secondary controller) so something's
clearly not right. I'll check the CMOS settings (haven't had time
yet) to see if the secondary device is configured correctly (what
drive type should I use for a CD ROM? Type 65 isn't available for
selection....)

London's great but bear in mind my whole house is probably the size of
your bathroom!

Thanks Mike!

"Mike Calkins" wrote in message gy.com...
If the controller is dead, a secondary controller may spark life into the
beastie. (Though others may feel that the beastie ought to be put out of
it's misery.)

Ahh London, you lucky dog. And yes, the storm missed us by inches.
Galveston, Surfside, and Freeport got hammered, though. 2 lives lost, so
far. So much for a day at the beach.

Good luck, Jon.