Old July 16th 03, 08:21 AM
Jon Pumfleet

Mike - yeah, I've tried other drives, all with the same results. Now
I've ruled out the HDD, the cable, the power supply, looks like it
must be the controller...which is on-board...so looks like it's time
to trash it & start again.

BTW I'm in London, England -- but it's always a fair guess with
exxonmobil in my email address that I'd be in Texas! In fact I work
daily with colleagues in downtown Houston (Fannin st.) and also the
Bell building ("Ugliest building in Houston") and have been out there
a few times...nights out on Richmond etc. Hope the storms didn't get
y'all!

Jon

"Mike Calkins" wrote in message ...
Since you have other systems, I assume you have other drives. Sill the 4810
'see' any IDE hard drive in the 4810? If not, the disk controller may be
bad.

I know that this is probably redundant, but check the jumpers on the
bigfoot. First try cable select, if that doesn't work, set it for master,
(DS) with no other IDE devices on that IDE channel.

Where are you at, Jon?

Mike in Houston