Old June 26th 03, 02:09 AM
Mike Calkins

Dale, Dale, Dale.

I stated that the memory were a pair of boards. One to a laptop.

One opening, a module with two boards attached to a plastic carrier, with
two phillips head screws, going into a captured nut in the plastic carrier.
There are no notches in the gold plated memory board, so it's a pre-So-dimm.

I never stated that the modules needed to be installed in pairs, only that
it was a pair of boards in one opening.

Jeeshh!

"DEJ57" wrote in message
Pics on the way. Will you admit it when you are wrong?

Certainly. I've always admited I'm wrong when I'm wrong. A number of

times.
If the pics you sent me are the correct memory, its what I would call a

memory
module, which has two memory chips permenently attached to a mounting

buss. I
doubt you have to install this memory module in pairs, but I haven't been

able
to get the pdf from HP's site to download so I can confirm any of this.

Link
me to where Compaq says you need to install two of these modules, in

pairs, and
I'll admit I'm wrong.

Dale