Old July 7th 03, 08:02 AM
Ron Merts

Are you getting this when trying to install Windows XP? If so, are you
using Serial ATA or SCSI? If so, you need to load the controller driver
during install. When you see the "Press F6 to load a 3rd party SCSI driver"
press the F6 key several times and the message will go away. You will be
prompted when to insert the floppy containing the driver. Otherwise this
error points to a specific hardware failure. If you've added or updated
hardware, try removing it and see if the error goes away. If you recently
went from say a TNT2 to a GeForce4 or GeForce FX card then you probably need
a bigger power supply; otherwise it's trying to tell you a specific piece of
hardware is failing at load time either because of a missing driver or bad
hardware.

Ron

"Egil Solberg" wrote in message

"Terry Pinnell" wrote in message

Thanks. I'll get the case off and have a look. But wouldn't there be
other (possibly more obvious) symptoms if PSU was culprit?

I´m not saying that it has to be the PSU, just that it could be.
PSU insufficiency can show in several ways, this is one of them.