Old July 2nd 03, 10:19 PM
Doug Whitesell

"Beowulf" wrote in message ...
snip
So far 2ksp3 has been a rock. Run it at home with a wide variety of
games on G1DDR to G4Ti4200 - occasionaly a few tweaks are needed.
Unless you need the XP GUI eyecandy, go with 2K. Check the version
numbers - 2K is NT 5.00 and XP is NT 5.1 I really think that MS blew it on Xp and i banking on

$ and hype to carry through to the next OS.

Problem with 2000 is, to my knowledge, it is not as good for gaming as WinXP
(insert_random_version_here) is. I run XP Pro on my home systems and have never had any troubles
with it, but I had a massive amount of trouble with 2000 Professional when I used it for my game
box.

-----
Doug Whitesell
Exiled Lab Technician
"As computers get faster, the operating system overhead must increase in proportion."
zigspalffy33 [at] verizon [dot] net