Old July 2nd 03, 03:38 PM
Don Lindbergh

"Koert" wrote in message ...
I'm seeing the V9280 SuperFast at many places but not the VideoSuite.

I just ordered the (drum roll please): "Asus V9560 VideoSuite GeForce FX
5600 AGP 8X 128MB DDR Video Card w/TV-Out & DVI Retail" from Googlegear for
$192 with free shipping.

Is the V9280S worth the extra bucks? Just curious. I had no idea which card
to buy, but liked the Smart Cooling, the VideoSuite stuff, and the ASUS
name.

Cool, thanks that's helpful and sounds like a potentially good match
for my needs. Actually I don't really know enough about the FX5600
based boards versus the Ti4200 based boards to say which is better.
I'm definitely interested in knowing more about any significant
performance or functionality differences. Actually I'm guessing I'd
be perfectly happy with the slower one based on my experience with
'fast' 3D so far. IE I presume any of the recent NVidia cards will
blow the doors off my Matrox G400 MAX etc.

My main focus is good quality ('good enough') video in/out and 2D.
Fast 3d performance for me will be an extra luxury.

Because of my criteria I was going to stick with Matrox, which
everyone seems to agree has the video in/out and 2D stuff down, but
have read enough comments indicating that the video in/out and 2D
quality and performance of the fast 3D cards has improved considerably
from the bad old days....