Old July 1st 03, 11:43 PM
jhgd

On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 12:39:26 -0400, Folk wrote:

-On 30 Jun 2003 18:05:39 -0700, (Mike Wyman)
-wrote:
-
-Hi there, sure hoping someone can offer some advice. Been doing some
-upgrading and now am running a Soyo Dragon Lite with a Pentium
-4-2.4gig. When I upgraded the video from a GF2 32Meg to an FX5200 with
-128Meg and went from 98 to Xp, I started having problems with the
-drivers (according to XP}. With the GF2 and XP, all the drivers I
-found were not "signed". My box would spontaneously reboot during
-games, sometimes in applications as well. Also, the Monitor makes a
-clicking noise and blacks out for a moment; like the resolution has
-just been changed. I decided to go with the FX5200 because it was
-cheap and Nvidias latest drivers are signed for the FX series of
-cards. Well, upon installing the new card and the newest Detonator
-drivers, I found that XP no longer complained that the drivers were
-unsigned but still have all of the same old problems, as described
-above. I'm thinking that maybe its a simple switch in the BIOS that
-might be the culprit but am reluctant to start experimenting because
-of the extensive individual changes that are available and no
-descriptions of what most of them do. Hope someone might help.
-
-Is this a clean install of XP, or an upgrade over 98? From the
-description you give, it sounds like an upgrade. If so, that is more
-than likely the source of your problems.
-

Have you set some kind of security temperature that reboot your computer
after the video card had heat-up a bit... like smart doctor or some other
kind of program like that ...