Old July 1st 03, 11:24 PM
Martin Eriksson

"Vince Barmann" wrote in message
Ack! Six or eight monthe agoI had problems with my original ATI card so
I went to Best Buy nad picked up what i assumed was a more or less
recent card, a GeForce 2 MX 200, 32 MB AGP. See what I get for not
researching?

Anyway, I just recently got around to installing it, with the driver set
ver. 4.13.01

That sounds like version 13.01 of the drivers, which I have never heard (any
good) of. Try downgrading to 12.41 or upgrade to 41.09 or the recent drivers
found at www.nvidia.com

Old detonator drivers can be found at
www.guru3d.com

With Win98 you also has to be sure you are running recent motherboard
drivers. Check what chipset you have then go to the manufacturers site and
download AGP drivers. Different chipset manufacturers are
www.via.com.tw
www.sis.com.tw
www.intel.com
www.ali.com.tw

Old problems went away. Now I have new problems. I love this industry.

1) often windows fail to close -- in fact, all 3 gadgets are flaky.

2) Any text or cursors that are supposed to be in reverse color --
aren't. They are now either black or white.

3) Some simple games, like FreeCell from Win98, go to blank white
when the game starts (the _second_ write!)

4) and most egregious, many windows' menu bars have the text
replaced by a single underline, and drop-down menu items
disappear when they receive focus.

Of course, the card might come from some horribly cheap company and then
it's very likely your video card RAM is faulty.

/M