Old July 1st 03, 02:05 AM
Mike Wyman

Default Not a test, do not ignore, FX5200...

Hi there, sure hoping someone can offer some advice. Been doing some
upgrading and now am running a Soyo Dragon Lite with a Pentium
4-2.4gig. When I upgraded the video from a GF2 32Meg to an FX5200 with
128Meg and went from 98 to Xp, I started having problems with the
drivers (according to XP}. With the GF2 and XP, all the drivers I
found were not "signed". My box would spontaneously reboot during
games, sometimes in applications as well. Also, the Monitor makes a
clicking noise and blacks out for a moment; like the resolution has
just been changed. I decided to go with the FX5200 because it was
cheap and Nvidias latest drivers are signed for the FX series of
cards. Well, upon installing the new card and the newest Detonator
drivers, I found that XP no longer complained that the drivers were
unsigned but still have all of the same old problems, as described
above. I'm thinking that maybe its a simple switch in the BIOS that
might be the culprit but am reluctant to start experimenting because
of the extensive individual changes that are available and no
descriptions of what most of them do. Hope someone might help.