Old June 29th 03, 03:32 PM
jhgd

On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 17:00:20 +0100, "John Russell"
wrote:

-
-"jhgd" wrote in message
- how can i know wha's the agp bandwidth of my card
-
- there is a lot of card that work at 6gb/s and more but
- i'm questionning my self why on the web site of asus ( it a exemple)
they
- say the agp bandwidth go to
- AGP 8X Technology a7v8x-wl
-
- AGP8X (AGP 3.0) is the next generation VGA interface specification that
- enables enhanced graphics performance with high bandwidth speeds up to
- 2.12GB/s and twice as fast as AGP4X.
-
- to get the best of any game a should then choose a motherboard that goes
- highier than 2.12gb/s... i'm i ok with that
- thought .
-
-
-I'm not sure but I think your confusing 2 attributes of a card. Firstly we
-have the speed at which the onboard memory works. Secondly we have the
speed
-at which the AGP bus works, and hence how fast the card can access system
-memory if an application should need it. Even at AGPx8 this is much slower
-that the speed at which the card can use it's own memory. Most
knowledgable
-people would prefer to have lot's of fast onboard memory and just use the
-fastest AGP speed that's available.( wich is ...)
-
Then if i have an old motherboard i would never get what have pay for whit
my gf fx 5200. i went from gf2 mx 400 pro to a gf fx 5200. And i have'nt
seen much more performence. I guest i should get another mobo with a ddr
333 and a agp 3 system which would be the most advenced technoligy in
accesing speed...

Generaly then dont specify that speed of the agp port, it would be usefull
if so.