Old June 24th 03, 07:06 PM
Flow

This is very easy.
Pull out your video card and switch on your comp.
All the remaining fans should spin,if the noise is still there repeat this
for the other devices.
If not then obviously the fan from your ti4400 is the noisy one.
A mainboard can try to boot with only the atx power connected to it.Ofcourse
it will hang on boot.
But you can see your fans starting to spin.

"Biz" schreef in bericht
Of course this isn't gospel, but IF you satrt with the pc completely cool,

like after having been
shut off overnight etc...it should be fine for a few minutes. Boot up,

identify the problem, shut
down, I can't imagine that taking more then a minute or two.
--
Biz

"Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand
alloys and compositions and,......things with molecular structures,....and
the....." - Ash

"hb" wrote in message

Only for a few minutes - booting to windows - no 3d stuff. I am

trying to
trace where a high pitched whine is coming from. I know it isn't power
supply as the noise disappears in standby while the fan keeps going.

I can safely unplug fan for intel cpu for a little while as it has big
heatsink.

So its the video card or maybe hard drives. I need enough time to put

the
case lid back on as the noise is quite different.