Old June 24th 03, 12:15 PM
Tom Sadler

Default Any temp monitor for fx5800 ultra

they do have a monitor in them, but they won't let youput it on the desktop.
I'm watercooled, and using a Xaser III case that has six very quiet fans. I
haven't noticed any general temp increase. I also made a little duct to
blow the hot air out the back of the case. Anyway, thanks.

"Carl" wrote in message
Tom Sadler wrote:
Does anyone know if someone has written a utility to monitor the temp
on an fx5800? I want one I can have open on my desktop. I took the
the factory leaf blower off and I want to make sure it doesn't get
hot. I mounted a bigger, quieter fan blowing on heat fins

I would suggest that a fan blowing on the heat fins, although having some
cooling effect, will also help to just blow the hot air around the inside

of
your PC and may raise the general ambient temp. An exhaust fan is what

you
want - like a PCI slot fan. This sucks heat away from the card and blows

it
out the back of your PC. I would also suggest that the factory fitted
blower would be more efficient although I appreciate the noise aspect is a
bug bear for some people.

I have a 5800fx and with my PCI slot fan right below it the card's own

dual
fans hardly ever come on. The air coming out of the back of the PC

through
the PCI slot opening is quit warm and it also expels air from the rest of
the case.

I dunno what other cooling methods you employ but this is just my 2

pennies
worth.

As for you main question, the Det 44.03's that I am currently using have a
heat monitor built in but I don't know if this will be configured for your
card, or if its what you are truly looking for.

Carl