Old June 23rd 03, 03:00 AM
Rich Mahlerwein

On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 23:26:54 +0100, baskitcaise wrote:

Martin wrote:

Rich Mahlerwein wrote:
[My original post about TwinView on a LCD and CRT snipped]
Rich,

I amusing a Geforce 4 Ti4600 in Mandrake 9.1 with Twinview and I can
drag windows back and forward. I fiddled about for ages trying to set
it up manually, but in the end I downloaded yanc and ran that and it
just worked. I am using a CRT monitor and a TFT on the DVI output. Yanc
just takes the hassle out of setting it up.

Regards

Martin

I cannot get yanc to adjust anything other than the cursor shadow on my
Suse 8.1, it worked fine with my g/force 3 but with ths fx everything is
grayed out.

Might try a recompile of module and see what transpires.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the fact the drivers do not
recognise the FX5600, it is not in the id strings at all?

Yanc is pretty slick. Nice little program. But I still have the exact
same problem (which gives me the warm fuzzies that I believe I had the
options in XF86Config right... ). I think I'm going to scrounge up
another old 15 or something and see if I can't get that working.

I'll let everyone know if a) I track down a spare monitor that actually
works and b) whether the problem goes away or not.