Old June 22nd 03, 05:11 PM
Martin

Default Linux and Twinview

Rich Mahlerwein wrote:
I've got a problem that I'm at wit's end about, and I hope someone
here can shed some light or at least give me a few more pointers.

I've got a GeForce 4 4400 (an MSI, I believe) that works perfectly
well with dual monitors under WinXP. I'm trying to get the same
working under Mandrake 9.1. Have a Samsung 152T DFP hooked to the
DVI output, and an old AOC Spectrum 5Nlr 15" CRT hooked to the VGA
output.

I can get it working as two separate displays, but that's not what

I'm
aiming for. I want the twinview like on XP where windows can be

drug
from one screen to another.

Rich,

I amusing a Geforce 4 Ti4600 in Mandrake 9.1 with Twinview and I can
drag windows back and forward. I fiddled about for ages trying to set
it up manually, but in the end I downloaded yanc and ran that and it
just worked. I am using a CRT monitor and a TFT on the DVI output.
Yanc just takes the hassle out of setting it up.

Regards

Martin