Old August 22nd 03, 05:51 PM
Bob Davis

"Jackson" wrote in message
k.net...

Thanks for the info. I called Kingston and they swore that the KVR400
512mb modules are in fact double sided. They also said they don't have a
single sided module above 128k.

Are you sure that yours are single sided?

Whoa! No, I'm not sure, but always assumed they were singles. They have
chips on both sides, but that doesn't necessarily make them "double-sided,"
according to some tests I've read (e.g.,
http://www17.tomshardware.com/mother.../i875p-04.html). On the
Anandtech test they show modules with chips on both sides that are
single-sided. I honestly don't know how to tell the difference, visually or
otherwise. I don't know of any software that'll identify this quality, and
I haven't seen it mentioned in specs for memory on the manufacturer's sites.

Well, I'm not going higher than 2gb anyway, so it doesn't affect me. In
your case, if you want to eventually go higher than 2gb, you'd obviously
have to plan ahead.