Old August 21st 03, 04:23 PM
Jackson

Default 8KNXP Memory Capacities?

I'm building a computer that will be used for heavy duty 3d work and for
working with massive photoshop files. Want I want to configure is a 1
gig ram disk and 2 gigs ram for the os and applications. I bought the
8KNXP board and three gigs of this memory:

http://kingston.com/hyperx/

1GB Kit (2 modules at 512m each) HyperX DDR 400MHz 2-3-2-6-1
Standard 64M X 64 Non-ECC 400MHz 184-pin Unbuffered DIMM (SDRAM-DDR,
2.6V, CL2, 400mil, TSOP, Gold)

Now that the mb has arrived I see the "gotcha". The 875p can only
address 8 pages of memory. Since these sticks are double sided I can
only use 2 gigs of it on the board :-(

The question is this: Since the board is advertised as accepting up to
4 gigs of ram, does any even make a single sided 512mb or 1 gig double
sided stick? I really wish Gigabyte had thrown me an asterisk under the
memory spec for this mb!