Old August 20th 03, 11:18 PM
DrWho?

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 21:59:40 GMT, sig666
wrote:

Page 57 where it discuses BIOS setup.

PCI1 and PCI5 shared.
PCI2, 3, 4 not shared

Maiso wrote:
Hi:

Does anybody knows how the IRQ's and PCI slots are shared on this
Board? I have read the manual several times and it is not there. I
don't want any conflict with the IRQ's if I place a PCI card on a
specific slot. I am using ACPI now which I think will avoid that kind
of problem,but still want to know the IRQ's and PCI slots shared just
in case problems arise. Thanks for any help.

Dont forget any on board devices will use IRQs as well, so if you have
3 USB hubs thats 3 IRQs and sound makes another so that is 4 IRQs used
by on board crap, which means, finding a totaly free unshared IRQ is a
myth at best....

If using win2K or better enable APIC extensions and providing your
DRIVERS will support it you can avoid IRQ conflicts ( usualy ).