Old August 1st 03, 02:11 AM
andrea agnoletti

Default [GA-sinxp1394] problem accessing siI3112A sata raid bios

i have updated the bios with snxp1394-f6(raid2).rar by paul rovero and
others on
http://www.asusboards.com/forums/sho...threadid=41747

i think the bios is correct, now i haven't any hard disk (:-( my ide is
at maxtor to repair) and i 'd buy a sata disk, so i tried to enter the
siI3112A sata raid bios to see some things, but the issue is that IT IS
IMPOSSIBLE to enter the bios!!!!!!

i correctly enter the main bios with del and the ITE IT8212 bios with
ctrl+f (my ide disk was on that controller), but after, when i press
ctrl+s or F4 to enter the sata bios, the system go forward with the
boot (and stops, because there are not hd...); sometimes, when i
continue to press, the internal buzzer rings, but there is no way at all
to enter in that bios...may be this a problem?

i do not think it depends upon to have not installed a hd, because
accessing the bios should be independent...and in fact i can access the
ITE bios without any disk on that controller.
thanks.