Old July 31st 03, 02:59 AM
S.Heenan

Iain Robinson wrote:
So basically both platforms have a limited life - outmoded by the end
of the year. I feared as much. I think I'll stick with the slightly
cheaper athlon xp.

Cheers guys

FWIW, the move to 64-bit computing won't happen over night. Besides the
bragging rights involved with owning a 64-bit CPU, you won't miss much in
terms of performance. If I was building a system right now, I'd be looking
at an Nforce2 board and a Barton core Athlon. The Nforce2 is mature and
solid. I don't expect the first 64-bit systems to be bug-free and I'm not
sure a 64-bit Windows OS will be available at a reasonable cost. A few Linux
distributions will ship with 64-bit support.
--
Winerr 00B - Push Error; Removing Files to Make Room for Advertisement